Success Story: Australian airport
One of Australia’s busiest airport faced challenges managing long queues and congestion at the terminals due to post covid labor shortage
How an International Australian Airport Reduced Congestion and Improved Customer Experience with Data-Driven Solutions
One of Australia’s busiest
airport faced challenges managing long queues and congestion at the terminals due to post covid labor shortage.
Specific challanges include:
- Understand passenger demographics and behavior for better services and personalization.
- Implement real-time monitoring to optimise operations and improve customer satisfaction.
- Integrate real-time vehicle traffic monitoring for better ground transportation services and information.
- Analyze trends and patterns for more accurate forecasting and optimized resources.
- Improve transparency to identify areas for improvement and enhance operational efficiency.
What We Delivered
- Conducted workshops with operational leaders to understand current processes.
- Collaborated with the data team to understand data sources and backend architecture.
- Identified key data points and transformations required to build the model, recommending tools and technologies to streamline processes and capture missing data.
- Iteratively improved the proposed solution and captured new requirements in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Developed reports in parallel with the data team to ensure data accuracy.
- Optimized reports by implementing Power BI functionalities such as composite models, streaming datasets, auto page refresh, and hybrid models.
- Identified key focus areas and defined relevant KPIs for quick operational decision-making.
- Designed a comprehensive data model that supported near real-time, historical, and forecast data.
- Prepared mockups to cater to user requirements and define report design.
- Prepared an app which was a one stop location for all key operational reports
- Reports delivered on time after thorough testing in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Handover completed with end-to-end documentation and client workshops
Faster processing times enabled the airport to efficiently handle more passengers, greatly improving the overall customer experience.
- Reduced waiting times as processing time improved, resulting in shorter queues.
- Faster processing time allowed more time for shopping and restaurants, increasing sales.
- Improved data transparency and reports enabled faster decision-making.
- Better understanding of factors affecting on-time performance led to improved efficiency.
- Improved collaboration between operations and data teams enhanced problem-solving.
- On-time delivery of the solution ensured key reports were available during peak seasons, enhancing the customer experience.