- This event has passed.
Power BI Fundamentals for Finance – Online – Australia – 13 May 2022
May 13 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
About this event
Our Power BI Fundamentals course offers you the opportunity to get hands-on training from the experts.
• Book now, reschedule it up to a day before the session!
• Post-training Q&A session a week after the training to answer your questions.
• Our trainers are experts in this field with deep experience in real-life complex projects.
• Small groups to make it more interactive and allow more question time.
Learn from the experts in Power BI
Our trainers are interactive and draw on their experience to provide real-life scenarios that relate to the written materials. We can solve your real-world problems during the class because we teach what we do in the field every day.
What will I learn?
This workshop is designed for any Finance professional who has no prior experience in working with Microsoft’s Power BI Desktop application. It’s a gentle introduction to learning about the fundamentals of Power BI as a pure beginner. We help you get a solid foundation and experience in report design and storytelling with your financial data.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
No prior experience in Power BI required. You will need to have the latest Power BI Desktop application downloaded and installed on your workstation and connected to at least two computer screens to follow the instructor.
• What is Power BI
• Key phases in deploying Power BI in a business
• Power BI Desktop navigation
• Getting financial data into Power BI
• Performing data transformation using Power Query using ETL
• Understanding the correct data structure for data modelling in Power BI
• Overview of Data Modelling, different types of tables and setting up relationships
• Overview of Data Modelling and table relationships principles
• Creating fiscal date tables for time intelligence
• Understanding filter and row context
• Overview of DAX
• Creating P & L calculation measures
• Constructing a dynamic P & L Dashboard
• Publishing reports to Power BI Service
• Sharing and embedding Power BI Dashboards
Who is my instructor?
This course is instructor led by our Arno Wakfer, a Power BI Senior Consultant who is an experienced chartered accountant and certified Financial modeler with 4 years Power BI experience. Arno has trained more than 100 finance professionals across 17 businesses in Australia. He has extensive experience in Finance analytics and visualization.
Duration: 9am to 4.30pm AEST
Please check our website for our other training sessions (Power BI Intro, DAX & Data Modelling, …), and upcoming free events and meetups: