- This event has passed.
Power BI Finance Reporting and Analytics- Online – 28-29 Apr 2022
April 28 @ 9:00 am - April 29 @ 4:30 pm
This 2-day workshop program is designed for any Finance professional who has no prior experience in working with Microsoft’s Power BI Desktop application.
During the training you will learn how to construct a dynamic set of Financial dashboards and perform financial analysis using DAX including the art of storytelling the numbers using Data visualisation techniques.
Our financial data used for this course is based on Amazon’s financial results for the period 2016 to 2020.
About this event
Our Power BI Fundamentals course offers you the opportunity to get hands-on training from the experts.
• Book now, reschedule it up to a day before the session!
• Post-training Q&A session a week after the training to answer your questions.
• Our trainers are experts in this field with deep experience in real-life complex projects.
• Small groups to make it more interactive and allow more question time.
Learn from the experts in Power BI
Our trainers are finance professionals who are interactive and draw on their experience to provide real-life scenarios that relate to the written materials. We can solve your real-world problems during the class because we teach what we do in the field every day.
What will I learn?
This workshop is designed for any Finance professional who has no prior experience in working with Microsoft’s Power BI Desktop application. It’s a gentle introduction to learning about the fundamentals of Power BI as a pure beginner. We help you get a solid foundation and experience in financial report design and performing financial analysis.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
No prior experience in Power BI required. You will need to have the latest Power BI Desktop application downloaded and installed on your workstation and connected to at least two computer screens to follow the instructor.
• What is Power BI and how it works
• Key phases in deploying Power BI in a business
• Power BI Desktop navigation
• Getting financial data into Power BI
• Performing data transformation using Power Query using ETL
• Understanding the correct data structure for data modelling in Power BI
• Overview of Data Modelling, different types of tables and setting up relationships
• Overview of Data Modelling and table relationships principles
• Creating fiscal date tables for time intelligence
• Understanding filter and row context
• Overview of DAX
• Creating Financial related calculation measures
• Constructing a dynamic set of Financial reporting dashboards including P & L, Balance sheet and Cash flow
• Discover the required steps and formatting for Financial reporting tables
• Apply conditional formatting to totals and columns in tables using advanced visualisation techniques
• Performing financial analysis by constructing a ratios dashboard
• Conduct an operating expenses analysis with custom filtering options
• Construct a sales analysis dashboard with drill through and tooltip capabilities
• Deep dive into net sales through different dimensions
• Learn more advanced DAX measures for financial analysis
• Design customised reporting backgrounds and Power BI color scheme templates
• Design Index page to navigate to different report pages and using Bookmarks and Page navigator menus
• Set up Smart Narrative for Financial commentary and dynamic storytelling charts using Scatter plot charts
• Forecasting techniques and sparkline using Power BI visuals
• Analyze Power BI Dataset in Excel
• Best practice and productivity tips and tricks
• Publishing reports to Power BI Service
• Sharing and embedding Power BI Dashboards
Who is my instructor?
This course is instructor led by our Arno Wakfer, our Power BI Senior Consultant who is an experienced chartered accountant, certified as a Microsoft Data Analyst Associate as well as being certified by the Corporate Finance Institute as a Business Intelligence & Data Analyst (BIDA) including a Financial Modeler and Valuation Analyst (FMVA). With 4 years hands on Power BI experience, Arno has also trained more than 100 finance professionals across 17 businesses in Australia. He has extensive experience in Finance analytics and visualization.
Please check our website for our other training sessions (Power BI Intro, DAX & Data Modelling, …), and upcoming free events and meetups: