- This event has passed.
Power BI Finance Analytics – Online – Australia – 25 Feb 2022
February 25 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
About this event
Our Power BI Finance Analytics course offers you the opportunity to get hands-on training from the experts.
• Book now, reschedule it up to a day before the session!
• Post-training Q&A session a week after the training to answer your questions.
• Our trainers are experts in this field with deep experience in real-life complex projects.
• Small groups to make it more interactive and allow more question time.
Learn from the experts in Power BI
Our trainers are interactive and draw on their experience to provide real-life scenarios that relate to the written materials. We can solve your real-world problems during the class because we teach what we do in the field every day.
What will I learn?
This workshop is designed for any Finance professional with prior experience in working with Microsoft’s Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service application. This is our next level course from our Power BI fundamentals course. We start this workshop with an existing Power BI reporting template from the fundamentals course and then we move onto covering deep dive analysis into areas such as revenue, operating expenses and profitability as well as advanced data visualization techniques using financial data.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Prior hands-on experience in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service required. You will need to have the latest Power BI Desktop application downloaded and installed on your workstation and connected to at least two computer screens to follow the instructor.
Duration: 9am to 5pm AEST (8 hours)
• Recap of Power BI development phases and navigation
• Create custom menus for filtering tables
• Create advanced DAX measures for revenue, operating and profitability analysis
• Create customized menu for filtering on data in visuals
• Design customised reporting backgrounds and Power BI color scheme templates
• Design Index page to navigate to different report pages and using Bookmarks and Page navigator menus
• Discover the required steps and formatting for Financial reporting tables
• Apply conditional formatting to totals and columns in tables using advanced visualisation techniques
• Set up Smart Narrative for Financial commentary and dynamic storytelling charts using Scatter plot charts
• Set up drill through functionality and creating dynamic report titles
• Publish reports to Power BI service and create a Power App
• Change data source settings
• Analyze Power BI Dataset in Excel
• Best practice and productivity tips and tricks
Who is my instructor?
This course is instructor led by Arno Wakfer, a Power BI Senior Consultant who is an experienced chartered accountant and certified Financial modeler with 4 years Power BI experience. Arno has trained more than 100 finance professionals across 17 businesses in Australia. He has extensive experience in Finance analytics and visualization.
Please check our website for our other training sessions (Power BI Intro, DAX & Data Modelling, …), and upcoming free events and meetups: