- This event has passed.
Power BI Finance Reporting and Analytics- Online – 24-25 Mar 2022
March 24 @ 9:00 am - March 25 @ 4:30 pm
This 2-day workshop program is designed for any Finance professional who has no prior experience in working with Microsoft’s Power BI Desktop application.
During the training you will learn how to construct a dynamic set of Financial reporting and analysis dashboards using DAX and Data visualisation techniques.
Our financial data used for this hands-on course is based on Amazon’s financial results for the period 2016 to 2020.
About this event
Our Power BI Finance Reporting and Analysis course offers you the opportunity to get hands-on training from the experts.
• Book now, reschedule it up to a day before the session!
• Post-training Q&A session a week after the training to answer your questions.
• Our trainers are experts in this field with deep experience in real-life complex projects.
• Small groups to make it more interactive and allow more question time.
Learn from the experts in Power BI
Our trainers are finance professionals who understand the numbers and experts who can solve your real-world problems during the class because we teach what we do in the field every day.
What will I learn?
This workshop is designed for any Finance professional who has no prior experience in working with Microsoft’s Power BI Desktop application. It’s a gentle introduction to learning about the fundamentals of Power BI as a pure beginner. We help you get a solid foundation and experience in financial report design and performing financial analysis.
Key learnings include:
• Extract, load and transform raw financial data
• Understand the correct data structure for data modelling in Power BI
• Build relationship between financial transactions and dimension tables
• Learn DAX in creating finance and ratio calculations
• Design dynamic Financial reporting dashboards using customised reporting layouts
• Perform financial analysis by constructing a ratios dashboard
• Discover advanced visualisation techniques for Financial reporting
• Best practice and productivity tips and tricks
• Hands-on labs
What are the prerequisites for this course?
No prior experience in Power BI required. You will need to have the latest Power BI Desktop application downloaded and installed on your workstation and connected to at least two computer screens to follow the instructor.
• What is Power BI and how it works
• Key phases in deploying Power BI in a business
• Power BI Desktop navigation, features and functions
• Getting raw financial data into Power BI
• Performing data transformation using Power Query using ETL
• Understanding the correct data structure for data modelling in Power BI
• Overview of Data Modelling, different types of tables and setting up relationships
• Creating fiscal date tables for time intelligence reporting
• Overview of DAX and understanding filter and row context
• Creating Financial related DAX calculation measures
• Constructing a dynamic set of Financial reporting dashboards including P & L, Balance sheet and Cash flow
• Discover the required steps and formatting for Financial reporting tables
• Apply conditional formatting to totals and columns in tables using advanced visualisation techniques
• Performing financial analysis by constructing a ratios dashboard
• Deep dive into sales through different dimensions using a Decomposition tree visual
• Design customised reporting backgrounds and Power BI color scheme templates
• Design Index page to navigate to different report pages and using Bookmarks and Page navigator menus
• Set up Smart Narrative for Financial commentary and dynamic storytelling charts using Scatter plot charts
• Forecasting techniques and sparkline using Power BI visuals
• Best practice and productivity tips and tricks
Who is my instructor?
Arno Wakfer is a Power BI Consultant at Agile Analytics and is certified by Microsoft as a Power BI Data Analyst as well as a Business Intelligence and Data Analyst (BIDA) with the Corporate Finance Institute. During his 15 years in Finance, he led various finance transformational projects and was a former CFO at the Top Business School in Africa. He transitioned from a career as a Chartered Accountant to a Data Analyst. Arno is experienced as a Power BI developer in business insights by analysing and visualising data to help businesses drive their better performance through actionable insights. He has trained more than 100 finance professionals across 20 businesses in Australia. As a trainer he enjoys upskilling Finance professionals and teams in Power BI. You can follow him on LinkedIn for regular insights, tips and best practice on using Power BI.
What previous Trainees have said about this course:
“Arno is so patient and his interaction with students is so good, he makes sure that people follow him up and answer every single question, he has no hesitation to share his knowledge and has the passion to improve financial reporting by giving life to the numbers. His financial knowledge combined with his Power BI skills gave him the edge to go above and beyond every single task.”- Harry Attarha
“I had enrolled in the Finance Reporting and analytics course presented by Arno after previously completing other self learn online courses. The interactive delivery of the course and the content was great. It was a great forum to share ideas tips and tricks to assist in developing our Power Bi knowledge and community.Would highly recommend this course to others looking to gain further skills and practical tips.” – Suzie
“Arno has a passion and commitment to improving the world of financial reporting via the implementation of efficient and effective, dynamic financial reports. His enthusiasm for making financials “fun” is only surpassed by his knowledge and willingness to share. As a fellow trainer and Power BI enthusiast, I appreciate Arno’s teaching style, calmly and professionally handling a class of students with significantly different experience levels. If you are new to Power BI or new to financial reporting, Arno will take you on the journey from converting your raw financial data into an impactful report in a way that is clear and easy to comprehend, even to ex-Marine Biologists!” – Jason
Please check our website for our other training sessions (Power BI Intro, DAX & Data Modelling, …), and upcoming free events and meetups: