We are excited to announce the addition of Andrew Cobb to our team as the Customer CTO. Andrew joins us after a successful tenure as the Azure CTO at Microsoft Australia, where he played a pivotal role in leading technical strategy and readiness for Azure Specialist teams. Andrew’s wealth of knowledge, breadth and depth of experience and diverse skill set make him a valuable addition to our team at Agile Analytics.
Accomplishments at Microsoft Australia:
In his multifaceted role at Microsoft Australia, Andrew served as a key liaison in facilitating Customer CTO-Microsoft CTO connections. He demonstrated exceptional leadership as a cross-solution lead across Azure infrastructure, data, app innovation, and security. Andrew played a critical role in the development and delivery of internal readiness and training materials, handled customer and compete escalations, and contributed to the creation and localisation of Azure go-to-market materials.
A strategic move to Agile Analytics:
Having recently joined Agile Analytics, Andrew now serves as Customer CTO, where he plays a crucial role in supporting our customers on their Azure journey. His responsibilities encompass various critical aspects, including:
- Maximising Azure Investments: Andrew will collaborate closely with customers to ensure they are maximising their investment in Azure. This involves optimising their architecture and environment to adhere to best practices.
- Internal Team Collaboration: Andrew will work collaboratively with internal teams, ensuring that they meet and adhere to best practices in Microsoft technical and solution design.
- Technical Issue Escalation: Serving as the escalation point for any technical issues on projects, Andrew will also act as our technical connection to Microsoft, ensuring that major blockers are addressed promptly.
- Solution and IP Development: Andrew will collaborate with internal teams to create new solutions and intellectual property (IP), leveraging the entire Microsoft stack.
- Technical Project Oversight: In his role, Andrew will oversee the technical delivery of critical projects, ensuring excellence and adherence to the highest standards.
- Technical Presentations: Leveraging his extensive knowledge, Andrew will present at technical conferences and other events, showcasing our technical depth on the Microsoft App and AI stack.
Andrew is excited about the opportunity to work with a local partner such as Agile Analytics, citing the organisation’s nimble and rapidly growing nature. He particularly values the chance to work on a full solution stack of projects encompassing data, app development, AI, integration, and security. When asked what attracted him to Agile, he said “Agile is a nimble organisation that is growing quickly, expanding from a foundation in data and analytics and enhancing with AI, integration, and low-code/no-code solutions”
When asked about the opportunities that that customers have with Azure, he said “As the platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offerings become ever more compelling (OpenAI, serverless, Cosmos, etc) and allow us to do things that are just not feasible on-premises, we start to see true cloud-native architectures and solutions. They cost less, perform better, are more resilient, and far more flexible.”
Agile Analytics CEO, Matthew Salmanzadeh said “It’s fantastic to have Andrew on board, bringing a depth and breadth of skills and experience with Azure which is a crucial step in achieving our goal to be the number one ANZ Microsoft AI Partner. This high profile addition to our team follows the acquisition of Excelerator BI and other noteworthy individuals joining the team. Our technical depth across the Microsoft Data, AI, App and Technology space is now second to none and I am excited to bring this deeply capable bench to our customers to help them comply, compete and innovate.”
We look forward to leveraging his expertise to continue delivering tailored data analytics and technology solutions to our clients worldwide.
You will find Andrew at the Microsoft AI World Tour in Sydney next week where he jointly will present on Azure Open AI and Co-Pilot services alongside our CEO and Microsoft App Innovation Lead in Health.